Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Demesnes & Domination Released!

 

After years of writing and playtesting, I have finally completed Demesnes & Domination! This started as an expansion of my prior house-rules zine Fantastic Wizardry which I put out right before I started grad school in 2017. Years later with covid and many gaming sessions played I have honed in on high level game play that is inspired by the source material but more inclined to simple implementation using familiar mechanics. I originally conceived the book to be four separate books by theme, but I ultimately complied them into one bound book to have it function as a Companions Rules of sorts to a player's preferred OSR game system. This is why I have the book broken down into different sections by theme. So consider this book (maybe even a Core book) a first in a string of releases under the title of Essential Fantasy Companion.

This blog was originally created to be an idea board of gaming mechanics and themes to help me develop this book but i ultimately kept most of the work off of this blog due to streamlining the process of editing and re-evaluating game mechanics. I am planning using this blog more for upcoming rules I'm currently testing in my own game sessions so please stay tuned!

Coming up, I am working on Seafaring and Water exploration and adventure which I don't even mention in Demesnes & Domination but was cut because It will be larger in content than a two to four page spread. This has already proven to me a fun project just due to researching what naval travel, shipping, and warfare looking like in the late middle ages which i feel like is a lesser known facet of the era. Most RPGs with boats tend to lean more into a commonly assumed stereotype of Pirates and Galleons but that is informed from a 1700s perspective while I'm focusing specifically on the late-medieval era. 

On the back burner, I have Horror-themed content Ive developed for a Ravenloft game a couple years ago that I have been reflecting on and expanding as well. So stay tuned for that content to trickle onto this blog as well

Anyways! Demesnes & Domination was designed and laid out for print so It is available on DrivethruRPG as being available in Paperback and hardcover which each provide a free pdf copy. For those that prefer just a pdf that is also available to buy. Im currently getting Demesnes & Domination ready for global distribution through Lulu so stay posted for that as well!

You can get your copy of Demesnes & Domination here!

No comments:

Post a Comment